Monday, May 5, 2014

Summer Cooler - Mango Yoghurt Smoothie

The much awaited rains have finally arrived in the city and that makes me so happy. I have a thing with the rains. I love it. It soothes my mind and motivates me to do things I love to do. The ongoing event at KFB " Beat the Heat "has provided just the right impetus and I am experimenting again in my kitchen. On my recent trip to the neighbourhood supermarket I picked up a box of Alphonso mangoes but to my dismay they tasted awful.I was might disappointed but didn't have the heart to throw them away. I mean paying more that 250 bucks for 4 mangoes does hurt.So I had to do something to salvage the situation and thus made this Mango Yoghurt Smoothie loaded with the goodness of saffron. This is a perfect accompaniment for breakfast or any time of the day for that matter.


Ingredients:

Mango - 2 medium - I used alphonso but you can use any variety you like.

Yoghurt/Curd - 2 cups

Water - half a cup

Sugar - 2 tbsp.

Saffron strands - a pinch dissolved in a tbsp. of warm milk + some for garnish

Method:

Wash the mangoes well and take out the skin. Mash the mango with your hand into a pulp.

In the blender jar of your mixie , add all the ingredients listed above along with the mango pulp.

Pulse until everything has mixed well and has a smooth texture.

Pour in glasses, garnish with a few saffron strands and served chilled.


 I am sending this recipe to the ongoing event Beat the Heat at Kolkata Food Bloggers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment