Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Detox Series - Grilled Chicken Salad

Confession time! I was slipping away from my detox therapy and being lured towards food and more food again. But I quickly got my act together and got back to eating healthy and I intend to do that for a few more days. This salad I made today is one of the easiest really. No fuss, hardly any prep and what emerged was a plate full of gorgeousness! Didn't have too many fresh veggies at hand so had to make do with peppers,onion and chicken. Am not complaining though - it tasted superb. Sharing my Grilled Chicken Salad recipe with you all.


Ingredients:

Bell peppers - 1 cup - diced - I used red and yellow ones

Chicken - 1 breast piece - diced

Green tomatoes - 2 small - diced

Tomatoes - 1 large - diced

Onion -1 medium - diced

Spring onion - 1 stem - finely chopped

Feta cheese - a handful crushed

Salt - to taste

Pepper - to taste

Honey - 1 tbsp.

Mustard sauce - 1 tbsp.

Olive oil - 2 tbsp.

Method:

Take all the diced vegetables (except spring onion) and the chicken in a baking tin. Drizzle a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.


Put the baking tray in a preheated oven and grill for 15 mins at 200 deg C.
In a glass bowl mix together the olive oil,honey and mustard sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix well into the grilled vegetables.
Garnish with chopped spring onion and crushed feta cheese. Serve warm.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment