Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Blogging Marathon - Day Five - Masala Pomfret

Day Five and another recipe. I am so loving this challenge of posting a recipe every other day..its pushing me to put in my best.Now coming to today's recipe. Well , Pomfret is the choice of fish of the husband. He simply loves it. Give him fried pomfret with rice and dal and he will be a happy soul. I on the other hand, am not at all a sea food person. I find the fishy smell of pomfret overpowering..so I stay away. But I try and cook the fish in different ways for the man. Today's recipe belongs to Sanjeev Kapoor. Few years back hubby had gifted me a set of 5 books written by Mr. Kapoor! There are a few recipes that I have been trying out from there and this one such easy tasty recipe to cook Pomfret. Masala Pomfret is a spicy dish with soft succulent fish inside with a crispy coating on the outside. Simply serve it with rice and dal and it would make any fish lover happy. It should go well as a starter too.

 Ingredients:

Pomfret  fish - 2 medium sized fish

Turmeric powder - 1 tsp

Red chilli powder - 1 tsp

Black peppercorns - 1 tsp (crushed)

Salt - to taste

Coriander leaves/Dhania patta - a handful

Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp

Garlic pods - 2 cloves

Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Rice flour - 4 tbsp

Refined oil - 2 tbsp for frying

Method:

Wash and clean the pomfret fish well. Keep it whole and just make a couple of slits on both side of the fish.

Marinate with turmeric powder , red chilli powder , crushed black pepper and salt. Keep aside for 15 mins.



Put the coriander leaves , tamarind pulp , garlic and Olive oil in a mixie and grind into a smooth paste. Add some salt to the mix .



After 15 mins , marinate the fish with this mixture and keep for half an hour.


The next step is to fry the fish. Spread the rice flour into a plate. Smear the marinated fish with the rice flour till evenly coated on each side.


In a flat skillet add the refined oil. Once the oil heats up add the fishes and fry till nicely browned on both sides.


Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and wedges of lime and serve hot.





Note:Today morning my dear blogger friend K from Silence Sings suggested that I should increase the size of the pics on the blog so as to make it better...she helped me how to do it and lo! see how beautiful the pics look now.Thanks K!

My fellow bloggers in this marathon are -

Kamalika @  Silence Sings

Sayantani @ A Homemakers Diary

Amrita - Vishal @ Sweet 'n' Savoury

Indrani @ Appyayan

1 comment:

  1. I am drooling over the recipe...loved to see the nice snaps in bigger shape now....and thanks a lot for the mention....:D

    ReplyDelete