Thursday, July 4, 2013

My 50th post with some Mutton Shaami Kebabs

Its been quite a blogging journey for me. What started out as an attempt to record and share recipes is now slowly turning into something a more professional and structured and it makes me so proud when people tell me how they love my recipes , how they are so easy to make and more so when they actually cook my recipes. My endeavour has been to share with my readers recipes that are very dear to me, those I have learnt from my family and those which I find easy to make. My family needless to say is my biggest inspiration and it is them who push me to do better with my life. So even after a long hard day what drives me to get into the kitchen and whip up yummies for them is this motivation. Till before this post I didn't even realise that this was going to be the 50th post of the blog!!!!!
Anyways now coming back to the post, today I am sharing with you my favourite mutton shaami kebab recipe. Have been wanting to post this recipe for long now but somehow it never happened.Ideally I should have made something sweet to celebrate my 50th post but nevertheless this recipe is as royal if not more. Very few ingredients required here but they are simply the melt-in-your mouth kinds.



Ingredients:

Mutton mince - 500 gms

Chana dal - 1 cup ( washed and soaked in water for half an hour)

Garlic - 3-4 pods

Salt - to taste

Warm Water- 1 cup

Egg - 1 no

Oil - for shallow frying

For the spice mix:

Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp.

Cumin seeds - 2 tbsp.

Dry red chillies - 4-5 whole (depending on your spice levels)

Peppercorns - 1 tbsp.

Mace - few strands

Nutmeg - 1 whole

Elaichi - 1 tsp

Cinnamon - 1 small piece

Cloves - 1 tsp

Dry roast lightly all the above ingredients and grind into a powder. This can be stored for further use also.

Method:

In a pan add the mutton mince,chana dal , whole cloves ,salt and 5 tbsp. of the spice mix.
Add the cup of water , cover the pan and let the mixture simmer till all the water has evaporated.


Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down. Once done grind the mix into a fine paste.

Add the egg and mix well.

Make into flat pate and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 mins.

Heat oil in a shallow pan and fry the kebabs.

Serve with parathas and  interesting dips. I served them with easy dips - mint-coriander and hung curd. Another good option is a pineapple relish.
































1 comment:

  1. Congrats dear on your 50th post...many more to go....Loved the dish...:)

    ReplyDelete