Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A rainy morning and some Mango Cinnamon Cake

The monsoon has finally arrived in the city and I cant be more thrilled. Well, if you decide to overlook the mud, the slush, the bad traffic, pathetic roads and the patchy feeling then monsoon is actually the most beautiful season. I mean just see all the green around you ..its so soothing. My plants are so happy and there is a lush green carpet of grass in my garden.


So, when I woke up in the morning today I decided to bake a cake. To be honest I really have to push myself for baking as you all know by now is not my forte.But then life is all about facing your fears and overcoming them..too much gyan. Coming back to my cake..I opened the newspaper and was so happy to find a beautiful mango cake looking at me!In an instant I decided to bake one. The recipe given there seemed a bit complicated to me so I decided to use my basic sponge cake recipe and add mango to it. It was a chance I was taking and I am happy that it worked well. Take a look here...


Ingredients:

Plain flour - 2 cups

Fine sugar - 1 1/2 cup

Refined oil - 1/2 cup

Eggs - 4 nos

Baking powder - 1 tsp

Mango pulp - 1 cup ( I used overripe mangoes..whizzed then in the blender and sieved out the pulp)

Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp

Method:

Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Grease and line a round baking dish.

Whisk the eggs and sugar till pale in colour. Add the oil and mix well.

Add the dry ingredients - flour and baking soda.

Fold in the dry ingredients into the oil mixture. Lastly add the mango pulp and cinnamon powder and fold it into the mixture.



Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake for 40 min till done.


Once done, cool on a wire rack.


Let the cake cool completely. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and cut into equal slices.
Just a note here - The cake turns out a little dense so I recommend serving it with some whipped cream or better still some vanilla ice cream.


There you go - Mango Cinnamon Cake - oh so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment